Product developer (stage)
About the person we're looking for
We are looking for someone with a passion for disruption and local food systems. You are interested in the sharing economy, and have an opinion about how p2p economies will shape how we do business in the future.
You are not hold to conventions, you believe in alternative systems. You are an independent thinker, and you get great passion from thinking of elegant, novel, solutions to improve the user experience.
What you'll be doing
Your role will comprise of back-end and front-end development of the Wetailer platform. You will work in accordance to an implementation planning, which includes:
- Build & improve website front-end & back-end
- Improving our registration flow and facilitate user registrations
- Responsible for improving our Database structure
- Finding new, elegant ways to make the onboarding process simpler, more effective and more beautiful
- Improving our stylesheet
What you need to know
You have experience with the following systems, tools or models:
- HTML, PHP
- Responsive designs
- CodeIgniter database (preference, or similar database structure)
- Marketing automation tools (such as mailchimp automation workflows)
- Integration of various APIs
- UX designs
- User Journey Analysis
- Documenting and tracking functional and technical requirements
What we offer you
The opportunity to work for a local food web startup, which is working hard to disrupt and democratize our food system. We are a small, flexible team, based in Amsterdam.
As we're part of the 'Slow Food' movement, we are a 'Slow Business'. That means you are encouraged to think before you act, go on walks to try and come up with solutions, and generally to not be rushed. You're expected to be a self-starter, and intrinsically motivated. If you are, you will have all the opportunities to start your own projects in Wetailer.
Start date: ASAP, for a period of at least 3 months, and a maximum of 1 year.
Compensation: Standard internship salary
How to apply for this
Send us a mail which shows off your motivation and skills for this internship position. Also indicate your availability.
Demonstrate your personal view and passion for food, and tell us what you want your legacy to be.